SIODEC is the Spanish abbreviation of the Sociedad Internacional de Optometría del Desarrollo y Comportamiento (International Society of Developmental and Behavioural Optometry), a non-profit-making association, made up of Optometrists who work in accordance with the Behavioural philosophy, dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of visual problems in children and adults and their relationship with the daily activities they perform.
Founded in 2008, it is registered in the Spanish National Register of Associations: Group: 1 / Section: 1 / National Number: 591748.
SEE THE SIODEC ORGANISATIONAL CHART
Over the last decade Spain has seen a significant increase in Optometrists dedicated to, or interested in, the Behavioural philosophy. SIODEC came into being in response to the need for these professionals to have somewhere to meet and for the general public to obtain information about what Behavioural and Developmental Optometry is and the work being carried out by Optometrists; as well as to provide a list of professionals and the treatments they offer.
Our associates are Optometrists who specialise in Behavioural Optometry and in the diagnosis and treatment of said problems using visual therapy and other techniques.
In order to respond to an ever-changing society such as ours, every professional must stay abreast with the latest expertise and techniques. On this basis, SIODEC imparts a series of specialisation courses and organises International Congresses, thereby guaranteeing the continuous training of its associates. Furthermore, it participates in the development of research work groups both within Spain and abroad, presenting their results in specialist magazines and at congresses.
WHAT TRAINING HAS SIODEC PROVIDED TO DATE?
SIODEC aims to expand and disseminate Behavioural Optometry and serve as a link with entities, associations and professional bodies by way of conferences, courses and congresses among other communication tools.
HOW MANY CONGRESSES HAS SIODEC HELD TO DATE?
Links to help you find out more about Behavioural Optometry and its professionals:
- Colegio Nacional de Ópticos-Optometristas (CNOO)
- Behavorial Optometry Academy Foundation (BOAF)
- European Academy of Syntonic Optometry (EASO)
- College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) – USA
- American Optometric Association – USA
- Optometic Extension Program Foundation (OEP) – USA
- British Association of Behavioural Optometrists (BABO) – Reino Unido
- Australasian College of Behavioural Optometrists (ACBO)
- Sociedad Española de Especialistas en Baja Visión (SEEBV)
- Associació Catalana d’Optometria i Teràpia Visual (ACOTV)
- Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association (NORA) – USA
- The College of Syntonic Optometry
- Canadian Optometrists in Vision Therapy & Rehabilitation (COVT&R)
- Consejo Mexicano de Optometría Funcional (COMOF)
- Asociación de Profesionales de la Rehabilitación de Personas con Discapacidad (ASPREH)
- Fundación Visión COI